Friday, September 18, 2015

Saxon Light Infantry Regiment



28mm Elite Miniatures:
Two (12 figures each) Light Infantry Battalions. Two (2 figure each) Skirmisher stands will be added attached to each Light Battalion. 


2nd and 1st Battalion Command stands.

It seems, during my online research, "Germanic" Light Infantry units during the Napoleonic Wars stained/painted their Muskets/Rifles black? I'm not to sure.. but anyway I painted some figures with brown and black muskets. Also I'm not to sure about the musket belts/straps should it be red leather or black? The Saxon Jäger Company used black stained rifles & leather straps or am I wrong? :o)

2nd Battalion




1st Battalion



Skirmishers





Currently working on my 2nd Light Infantry Regiment (2 Battalions)

In my next post I will display brigade/group photo shoots of my painted units. Saxon Infantry brigades had mixed units i.e. 1 or 2 Line Regiments, 1 or 2 Grenadier Battalions and 1 Light Infantry Battalion. 

oh!... by the way, main source of information for my painted Saxon units are from



No comments:

Post a Comment