Monday, January 6, 2014

III/78 Early Russian

Hi Guys, well it is winter here at Washington State :o)  so.....here are my 15mm Essex Early Russians

1 x 3Cv (Gen) 4 x 3Cv, 2 x 2Lh, 2 x 4Sp, 2 x 2Ps, 

Options 1 x 7Hd, or 3Ax or 6Kn (German Knights) or 3Kn (Russian Boyars)

Historical Enemies: Volga Bulgar, Vikings, Pecheneg, Rus, Early Polish, Early Hungarian, Cuman KipchakLithuanian Samogitian, Estonian, Prussian, Teutonic Orders and Mongols.

Historical Notes: ......coming soon

I decided to base the German knights on two stands 40mm x 30mm this way I will have extra cavalry elements for games if needed and If I decided to base the Kn's the minis would be mounted on 40mm x 60mm base. The Germans would be in wedge formation 1 figure front rank 2 figures 2nd (center) and 3 figures 3rd rank (rear) The Knights come with the Essex DBA Army pack.

I used Plaster of Paris Powder and All Purpose flour for the ground texture surface of the base and I used baking Soda for the smooth snow effect. These products are great for creating winter - snow bases. 




Army Arrayed




















German 6Kn



No comments:

Post a Comment