Sunday, June 22, 2014

I/6b Early Bedouin

3000 BC - 312 BC

DBA 2.2

Army Composition: 1 x (Gen) 3Ax, LCh or 3Cm, 6 x 3Ax, 5 x 2Ps

Historical Enemies: Early Egyptians, Mitanni, Canaanite, Ugaritic, Kassite, Later Babylonian, New Kingdom Egyptians, Hittite, Assyrians, Hebrew, Philistine and Later Aramaean.

This Army took me no time at all to prepare/clean and paint the figures and it was fun finishing off these guys. I used Craft smart Brown Acrylic paint as the primer of the bases and light Ivory for the dry brushing and used white paint over the little stones/rocks. I think I may went over board again with the tall "bull grass" ;o)

anyway, I found out that in the up coming DBA 3.0 rules/army list the Early Bedouins (b) are completely different in composition to the DBA 2.2 army list!..oh well.. I'm not that fussy ;o)

DBA 3.0
1 x General (3Cm)
4 x Camelry (3Cm)
4 x Javelinmen (3Ax)
1 x Archers (2Ps)
2 x Slingers or Javelinmen (2Ps)

I need to put together 4 more Camel elements (12 more figures) I tried using camel cigarettes that didn't work :op but um...anyway.. I based the Chariot model on a 40mm x 60mm stand as an experiment, a test, to see what it would look like with the extra room for the chariot to fit in nicely, not bad, easy to handle and little more appealing, but under the 3.0 army list a Bedouin General cannot be a "Chariot or Auxilia" so by joining the chariot and Auxilia elements together this will represent my camp for the army!


Army Arrayed






General as Light Chariot



General as Mounted Camel


General as Auxilia


Auxilia (Spearmen)




Psiloi - Slingers


Psiloi - Archers





No comments:

Post a Comment