Thursday, September 4, 2014

IV/5a Sicilian

1072 AD - 1442 AD (Normans in Sicily)

DBA 2.2

Army Composition:  1 x (Gen) 3Kn, 3 x 3Kn, 6 x 2Ps, 1 x 4Sp or 3Ax, 1 x 4Cb or  2Lh

Historical Enemies: Feudal Spanish, Communal Italian, Papal Italian, Berber, Feudal French, Medieval German and Italian Condotta.


Painting this Army was a real joy for me, I don't know why but I do have fun painting up the light Cavalry, light infantry/skirmishers in all my armies...anyway.. I did something different , as a test, to the flocking of the bases. I used Buff Fine Ballast on the bases, afterwards I primed the Ballast with craft smart Acrylic flesh color and later dry brush over the color flesh with Ivory paint.


Army Arrayed









General 3Kn


Norman Heavy Cavalry 3 x 3Kn


Berber Cavalry 2Lh


Saracen Skirmishers 6 x 2Ps



Italian Mercenaries 4Sp



Italian Mercenaries Crossbow Men 4Cb



Greek Light Infantry 3Ax







No comments:

Post a Comment